Cherupushpa Mission League (CML) is an indigenous pious organization for Catholic children, St. Therese of Lisieux (Little Flower) as its heavenly patroness and St. Francis Xavier and St. Alphonsa as its co-patron and patroness. Its aim is to enhance mission spirit among laity, especially among the children, and enable them to participate effectively in the missionary activities of the Catholic Church. It functions with the objectives: promotion of vocations and the development of one’s personality. His Holiness Pope Leo XIII Prophesy “The salvation of India is in the hands of her children” became a reality by starting Mission league on 3rd October 1947 in Bharananganam by Mar Thomas Tharayil Bishop of Kottayam. Within a short period of 65 years, it has been wide spread not only in Kerala but also in India and abroad.
The motto of mission league : mission activities and encouragement for “Vocation Promotion”
Mr.C.P.Joseph Kunnesseril has been elected as the state level president from our diocese in 1955. Its primary office was started in Kaduthuruthy on 31st of December 1961. Later it was moved to Uzhavoor, Olassa, Palathuruthu, East Nattassery Kaipuzha, Neendoor and at last in 1960’s it has been kept in Chaithanya Pastoral Centre at S.H.Mount. In course of time, Pastoral centre offices has been moved to Thellakom and is still continuing there.
On 8, 9 and 10th of October 1981, branch leaders of Malabar (of Kottayam Diocese) came together and Malabar Region has been formed. From 1992 Sept 26th on wards Malabar region of Kottayam diocese has been functioning as its own with all the status of a diocese level organisation under a regional director.
9.James K. k